Things to do in the Flathead Valley Montana
Whether you come for business, for pleasure or a little of both, there’s always something to do!
- Visit Glacier National Park with more than 700 miles of groomed hiking trails, scenic vistas, historic lodges, wildlife, pristine lakes rushing streams. Yes, Glacier is open in winter!
- Spend a day on Flathead Lake. There’s fishing, swimming and boating (choose power, paddle or sail). Camp or picnic along the shore.
- Shop till you drop. Pick up the perfect Montana-made gift.
- Stay a while in one of the valley’s hotels, motels, resorts or B&B’s.
- Savor a taste of the valley from fine dining to casual cuisine.
- Enjoy a concert, see a play or visit a museum.
20 things to do in the Flathead
Browse this site for hundreds of things to do in Montana’s Flathead Valley.
Here are 20 suggestions to get you started
- Take a drive along the scenic Going-to-the-Sun Road in Glacier National Park.
- Go back in time at the Conrad Mansion and Museum at Central School
- Paddle, raft or float some of the Flathead’s 219 miles of wild and scenic rivers
- Enjoy a summer concert at the Crown of the Continent Guitar Festival or Festival Amadeus
- Play a round at one of the area’s nine golf courses
- Browse through Arts in the Park or Bigfork’s Festival of the Arts
- Buy Flathead Lake cherries from a roadside stand (or pick them yourself!)
- Attend a performance of the Bigfork Summer Playhouse or Alpine Theatre Company
- Try the local brews at our craft breweries and distilleries
- Hear cowboy poetry and enjoy a chuck wagon dinner or sleigh ride
- Saddle up for a trail ride into the backcountry
- Visit a local Farmer’s Market
- Enjoy the winter snows on snowshoes, snowmobile or cross-country skis
- Take a hike in Glacier National Park or the trails of the Flathead National Forest
- Explore the past at the Miracle of America Museum
- Appreciate the art of Glacier at the Hockaday Museum of Art’s “Crown of the Continent” exhibition.
- Visit Hungry Horse Dam and Kerr Dam
- Celebrate everything cherry at Festivals in Bigfork and Polson
- Learn more about the wild side with visits to the National Bison Range or Wild Horse Island
- Take your time sit back and enjoy the scenery!