Winter Recreation Northwest Montana
Winter snow lends a special beauty to Montana’s peaks and valleys, while delighting outdoor recreation fans! Snow makes the perfect surface for skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, snowmobiling, or just romping with children and pets.
Featured Winter Recreation in Northwest Montana:
- Flathead Lake Monster Charters - Experience Counts Captain Tim Shattuck "The Mac Killer" has been fishing...MORE INFO
- Flathead Living Magazine - Welcome to Flathead Living magazine, the premiere lifestyle and recreation publication of NW...MORE INFO
- Flathead Travel Service - Flathead Travel Service is Montana's largest and most respected Full Service Travel Agency. Travel...MORE INFO
- Historic Tamarack Lodge - Situated in a scenic mountain valley in the midst of the Montana Rockies, the Historic Tamarack...MORE INFO
- Howe's Fishing / A Able Charters - Ice Fishing - Ice Fishing: Howe's Fishing/A Able Fishing Charters offers ice fishing in modern times....MORE INFO
- Izaak Walton Inn - Alongside the south side of Glacier National Park, the resort features a variety of summer and...MORE INFO
- Kalispell Regional Healthcare - 310 Sunnyview Lane Kalispell, MT 59901 (406) 752-5111 Located in the heart of Northwestern...MORE INFO
- La Quinta Inn & Suites - Located in Kalispell, the hub of Montana's Flathead Valley, La Quinta Inn & Suites offers the...MORE INFO
- National Parks Realty - Proudly serving Buyers and Sellers across Northwest Montana. National Parks Realty agents are...MORE INFO
- Sea Me Paddle Kayaking Tours - Sea Me Paddle offers guided sea kayaking tours along with kayak and stand up paddleboard rentals on...MORE INFO
- Swan Mountain Snowmobiling - Swan Mountain Snowmobiling, located in the heart of Glacier Country, provides the best...MORE INFO
- Whitefish Downtown Suites - DOWNTOWN WHITEFISH SUITES ARE ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF A DOWNTOWN RECENTLY FULLY RESTORED AND REMODELED...MORE INFO
- Wild Trout Adventures - Wild Trout Adventures is your source fishing around Glacier National Park. We are located in...MORE INFO
- America's Best Value Inn Port Polson Inn - A quaint hotel on the south end of Flathead lake with amazing...MORE INFO
- Avis Rent a Car - Avis makes it easier to travel the roads of Montana. We're located at the Glacier International...MORE INFO
- Bar W Guest Ranch - Beautiful vistas and rolling ridges adorn the countryside of this cozy Montana dude ranch....MORE INFO
- Flathead Lake Charters - Flathead Lake Charters offers half day, full day and twilight fishing charters - everything...MORE INFO
Speed down deep-powder slopes or glide along miles of groomed trails at the Whitefish Mountain Resort and Blacktail Mountain Ski Area. Fantastic views, reasonable rates, and no waits!
View current snow reports and trail maps, find out how to take the ski bus to the top, and plan to catch special events at the Whitefish Mountain Resort and Blacktail Mountain Ski Area web sites.
Cross-Country Skiing and Snowshoeing
Touring the countryside on cross-country skis or snowshoes lets you appreciate this spectacular area at a leisurely pace. Explore hundreds of miles of trails in Glacier National Park, the Flathead National Forest, and throughout the valley.
Learn more about outdoor recreational opportunities in Glacier National Park:
Click to view the brochure “Cross Country Skiing Montana’s Flathead Valley.”
Play safely! Snow avalanches can be dangerous. Learn more about avalanche safety from the Glacier Country Avalanche Center. Hear recorded avalanche advisories at 406-257-8204.
For a peak experience, tour the valley on a snowmobile. You can ride up high among the “snow ghosts” or travel the Flathead Valley’s 200 miles of groomed snowmobile trails. Want to roam farther? Another 2,000 miles of National Forest roads are open to motorized “sledding.”
Click to view the brochure “Snowmobiling Montana’s Flathead Valley.”